Jones Private Client has been helping individuals and families realize their life goals since 1995
We love to work alongside people just like you to create straightforward planning solutions that meet your unique needs – from simple to complex. We’re glad you’re here!
Our clients are typically looking for advice in five main areas:
- Retirement and Cash Flow Planning
- Risk Management/Insurance
- Investment Strategy
- Tax Management
- Estate Planning
So how are we different from the bank, your current investment manager, your brother-in-law who dabbles in stocks, or your do-it-yourself neighbour? And how can we add value on top of the advice you already get from an accountant or bookkeeper or trusted family member? What sets us apart from everything you’ve ever seen?
Here’s what you will get when working with our team:
- Access to experienced advisors on a huge variety of subjects. You have questions about minimizing tax? We can help. You want to know more about how to protect your family? We can help. You need to feel better about what’s happening in the markets? We can help. You want to know about funeral pre-planning or writing a Will or how to buy your first house or how to look after your elderly parent? We can help! We may not be the experts in every topic, but we are well connected and have worked alongside our clients in many life circumstances.
- At Jones Private Client, we like to take a collaborative approach in many ways, and we love to put our brains together to come up with creative solutions for our clients. Each member of our team brings a unique skillset to the table, and we leverage those skills to bring the very best to our clients every day.
- We use technology to make things easier for all of us, including the Assante App, DocuSign, Box, Zoom/Microsoft Teams, paperless statements, and others as they come available. If you aren’t feeling tech-savvy, we also have more traditional ways to get you what you need.
- We provide a detailed review of all the costs associated with your accounts, using both percentages and dollars. We firmly believe that full transparency is important for all clients. We’ll go over the breakdown of cost between investing and advice, and answer any questions you have.
- Industry-Leading Support – Assante was ranked #1 in JD Power’s 2021 Canada Full-Service Investor Satisfaction for a reason! Founded in 1995, Assante Wealth Management is one of Canada’s largest firms providing wealth management solutions. Assante’s 900 professional advisors, located in communities throughout the country, have approximately $53 billion of Canadians’ family wealth under their care (as of April 30, 2021).
Here’s what we don’t do:
- We don’t sell performance
- We don’t hide cost from clients
- We don’t put clients into products that aren’t appropriate for their risk preferences, life stage, or budget
- We don’t contact our clients each time we experience some ‘bad weather’ in the market, which is often… or when the media declares a new crisis, which is even more often! We believe in a long-term approach to investing.
- If you’re looking to invest in the latest stock craze, we won’t be a good fit. We use mutual funds and alternative investments to achieve diversified long-term results.
Stephen Jones CPA, CA, CFP®
Senior Financial Advisor
Catherine Jones BBM, CDFA, CFP®
Lynley Schwartzentruber BBA, CFP®
Josh Belliveau CFP®
Mutual fund products, investment services and recommendations are offered through Assante Financial Management Ltd. Insurance products and services are provided through Assante Estate and Insurance Services Inc. Wealth planning services may be provided by an accredited Assante advisor or through CI Assante Private Client, a division of CI Private Counsel LP, or a non-affiliated third party.
Assante Financial Management Ltd. is a member of the Mutual Fund Dealers Association of Canada and MFDA Investor Protection Corporation (excluding Quebec).
© 2022 CI Assante Wealth Management. All Rights Reserved.